Villa Park House welcomes up to two well behaved, housebroken dogs in each of our two pet friendly rooms on the first floor. Both rooms have private entrances from the back of the building to take your pets in and out. If your dog is over 60 lbs. or you’d like to bring a non-canine pet, please call us to see if we can accommodate you.
- Where: Pets are welcome in our pet-friendly rooms accessed only via the private entrances from the parking area. Out of respect for our other guests, we cannot allow pets in the main house. When outside, pets must be leashed or crated.
- Bathroom Breaks: Our adult and child guests use our lawn for recreation and special events, including weddings, so please, no pit stops there! There is a little park across the street that’s a great place to let your pet stretch its legs. Please pick up after your pet and dispose of the waste bags in the trash can out back rather than in your room.
- Noise: There are unfamiliar noises and people here that may cause pets to become loud and disruptive. Please do not leave pets unattended in the room without the permission of our management. If permission is given, you must leave contact information and be able to return quickly in the event that your pet is in distress. If you will be gone for a long period and cannot take your pet with you, there are pet sitting and day boarding options in the area.
- Housekeeping: Our staff is happy to provide daily housekeeping in your room, but for everyone’s safety, they will wait to service your room until you and your pet are out for a walk or other fun, or while you are present and your pet is leashed or crated.
- Damages: We do not charge extra for pets nor do we take a pet deposit. However, we do require a credit card on record for damages. Owners are responsible for any damage to the room, including but not limited to damage to furnishings, flooring and doors, and any injuries or harm caused by their pets. In addition to the fees detailed in our other policies, further cleaning fees may apply for rooms left in extreme condition due to pets.
- In the area: Pets are allowed on Spring Lake beaches off season. In season, May 15-October 15, the dog beach is open to leashed pets from 6-9 am and 6-9 pm. Nearby towns also allow dogs on their beaches and there’s the dog-friendly Island Beach State Park which is about 60 minutes south. Most all outdoor eating establishments allow pets. For other dog-friendly activities, try the Stay Gold Café and Lounge in Belmar which allows dogs in their lounge section inside and the “Yappy Hour” at the Wonder Bar in Asbury Park.
Don’t forget to bring your pet’s favorite bowls, blankets and supplies.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope you and your pets enjoy your stay at Villa Park House Bed and Breakfast!